KSAU-HS and National Guard Health Affairs, King Abdulaziz Medical City
, WR, Postgraduate Education & Academic Affairs announce the 2017 Basic Elements of Surgical Techniques (BEST
) in the Deanship Building, KSAU-HS, Jeddah .
The Basic Elements of Surgical Techniques course (BEST) has been designed to cover the theoretical and practical aspects of essential surgical skills for physicians of various specialties.
- One hand knotting technique
- Two hands knotting technique
- Suture and needle
- Instrument knotting
- Use of knife and toothed forceps
- Use of needle holder and knotiing In special situation
- Right and left hand instrumentation
- Practice on sponge model
- Type of stitches and wound closure
- Surgical instruments/gowning & gloving
This two (2) days course is accredited with 12 CME hours by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS).
The course curriculum includes theoretical and practical sessions with candidates to instructor ratio 4:1.
The intended audience includes medical students, interns, junior surgeons and physicians.
2017 Course Dates:
- July: 4-5
- October: 10-11
- November: 21-22
- December: 12-13
For more information, kindly contact: