and Ministry of National Guard Health Affairs, King Abdulaziz Medical City
, WR, Postgraduate Education & Academic Affairs announce the 2017 Hernia Repair Course (HRC) in the Deanship Building, KSAU-HS
, Jeddah .
The newly Hernia Repair Course focuses on open repair of inguinal and ventral hernia. The course curriculum includes series of lectures, video demonstration, discussion and practical skills.
- Understand the anatomy of abdominal wall.
- Describe the anatomy of inguinal canal.
- Recognize the types of hernia.
- Describe the operative techniques for repair of inguinal and ventral hernias.
- Perform repair of inguinal and ventral hernia under supervision.
The course is intended to target house officers (interns) and surgical residents at various levels among different surgical specialties. However, to ensure the maximum benefit, houseofficers and junior residents (R1-R2) should provide certificates of attendance of Basic Elements of Surgical Techniques (BEST
) course or equivalent course in basic suturing skills. Course Dates:
- September: 27
- December: 6
This activity is accredited with CME Hours by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS
For more information, kindly contact: