Since the founding of KAMC Academy for Health Sciences in 2004 and eventually proclaimed to be known as “King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences” in 2005 by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, His Majesty King Saud bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, the university has persistently soared towards academic excellence and continuously enhances its programs, facilities and all aspects of administration .While individual libraries, among others, have been established in each college, the constant growth in students, faculty and staff population as well as improvements in health education systems, and profession paved the way for the establishment of “Deanship of Libraries Affairs,” to commence the integration of the library systems, management, and processes as one centralized entity, instituting Prof. Ali Sulaiman Al Tuwaijri to be its Dean of Libraries Affairs and Supervisor General of the Museum of National & Islamic Medical Heritage as of 17 Dhu Al Hijjah 1737 corresponding to 18 September 2016.
KSAU-HS Libraries are established to be the university linking centers of educational and scholarly knowledge to learning, teaching and research.
KSAU-HS Libraries advance teaching, learning, and research and community development by providing strong collections, access to the world of knowledge, excellence in service and an appropriate library environment, all of which are client focused and responsive to the needs of KSAU-HS community.
• To develop and manage the resources that are relevant to the colleges’ curricular offerings and are responsive to the student & faculty needs.
• To organize for use, store and preserve information in any format that supports
the colleges’ instructional and research missions.
• To support and promote the use of resources by providing access and reference services that meet the information needs of library customers.
• to provide sufficient resources and facilities that ensure the achievement of academic and research programs
Organization structure ?
Deanship of Libraries Affairs act as a central oversight for 18 KSAU-HS college libraries in three regions of Saudi Arabia (Riyadh, Al Ahsa & Jeddah). There are 10 college libraries in Riyadh, 3 in Al Ahsa and 5 in Jeddah.
The Deanship of Libraries Affairs endeavor to support the vision and mission of the University.
Learning Resources Steering Committee
Learning Resources Committee “
Library Committee (Colleges) “
Deanship of Libraries Affairs Council “
• APP 017-P-V01-16 Collection Development Policy
• APP 018-P-V01-16 Cataloging Procedure Policy
• APP 019-P-V01-16 Circulation & Borrowing Policy
• APP 020-P-V01-16 Service Policy
• APP 021-P-V01-16 Electronic Information Resource Policy
• APP 022-P-V01-16 Library Space Policy
• APP 023-P-V01-16 Conduct Policies
The main campus is in Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia. It has two other campuses located in Jeddah and Al Ahsa. All of the campuses are located within the vicinity of King Abdulaziz Medical Cities, Ministry of National Gard Health Affairs.
Extension: 92942; 92948;92955
Mail Code: 2347