King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health SciencesDeanship Admissions & RegistrationHigh School Entry Stream I Apply online:
Academic Requirements: Admission to the College of Applied Medical Sciences for high school graduates (Stream 1) is based on the following criteria:
- All prospective students to King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences must register through the Online Admissions Program. The link will be available during the Admissions period only.
- Recent High school degree with both aptitude and achievement exam results.
- A semi-structured, objective interview.
- A commitment as a devoted full-time student.
Application Requirements: Applicants will be asked to submit the following documents:
- Two copies of the High School Certificate with the original provided for verification
- (the original certificate will be retained in event of acceptance).
- Two copies of the Saudi ID card with the original provided for verification.
- A copy of the Good Conduct Certificate plus four personal photos.
- A copy of the Achievement Exam result.
- A copy of the Aptitude Exam result.
In accordance with the University Council, the following criteria will be used to determine eligibility for admission to the 2-year Pre-Medical program:
- Cumulative percentage of high school certificate
- Achievement Exam
- Aptitude Exam
- Personal interview
Each criterion will be weighted as follows:
- Accumulative percentage of high school certificate grade = 30%
- Aptitude Exam grade = 30%
- Achievement Exam grade = 40%
The rate is calculated based on differentiating between students as follows:
- Composite ratio = (Cumulative percentage of high school certificate results × 0.30) + (Aptitude test results × 0.30) + (Achievement test result 0.40)
Example of the method of calculating the ratio:
This forms the basis upon which the differentiation between students is based and is applicable to those who meet the general admission requirements. An applicant found eligible for admission will be invited for a personal interview. The interview is used to provide insight into the applicant’s motivation for attending medical school and his/her understanding of the medical profession. It also assesses other essential attributes such as commitment to community service, ethical behavior, compassion, leadership ability and communication skills, which are important characteristics of a physician, and qualities that determine the applicant’s suitability for a career in medicine. The interview is randomly assigned and typically lasts 15 minutes.
- An applicant with a score of 95.00% in the high school certificate, 85.00% in the General Aptitude Exam, and 80.00% in the Achievement Exam will be calculated for admissions ranking as follows:
- Accumulative grade = (95 × 0.30) + (85 ×0.30) + (80 ×0.40) = 86
Applicants will receive the invitation for an interview via e-mail and by SMS, immediately following the application submission deadline.
Successful applicants will be sent letters of acceptance showing the date of program commencement.
The announcement, selection & acceptance process will be conducted at the end of June and the whole of July every academic year.
There will be two years pre-clinical which must be completed, with several Blocks which must be completed in sequence.