Another major task of DQMA is to reconstruct, and oversee the different components of the strategic plan based on the current situation in three campuses Riyadh, Jeddah, and Al-Ahsa. The DQMA welcomes any initiatives and suggestions that will bring inputs in its planning and development processes and further enhances business processes.
Furthermore, and in line with the ambitious “Vision 2030” of the Kingdom, which set a target for Saudi Universities to strive to achieve of having at least 5 universities ranked among the top 200 internationally; the University aims to have advanced international rankings as part of its own Strategic Plan. In order to reach and exceed these ambitions, the University is tracking several leading international ranking systems, such as: Times Higher Education, QS Rankings, and Webometrics, Greenmetrics, and setting short-term and long-term action plans through the Strategic Planning and Performance Management Standing Committee to improve the University performance in different ranking systems. These action plans focus on teaching, research and ritations, reputation, and staff and student composition, all of which have a direct impact on the excellence of the University, and its international competitiveness.
The Development and Quality Management Affairs has the following strategic goals:
1. Ensure and monitor institutional quality assurance operations.
2. Provide leadership in bylaws development and institutional organization and governance.
3. Provide guidance and oversight of KSAU-HS Strategic Planning process.
4. Conduct continuous improvement efforts to enhance KSAU-HS recognition and global ranking.
5. Establish KSAU-HS Institutional Advancement to diversify funding streams.
6. Support KSAU-HS efforts to improve efficiency through automation of processes and data.
1.4. Scientific Research Vice-Presidency