University Research Board
The University Research Board shall function as an academic governance and management advisory body to provide strategic direction, oversight and sustainability of research activities at KSAU-HS, and to ensure that all research and management practices are conducted responsibly, ethically and in the interest of the societal needs.
• Strive to achieve the university’s mission and vision through the provision of service and resources to faculty, students and staff that stimulate research and other creative endeavors.
• Develop and oversee the university research strategic plan to help the university fully leverage its research strengths and expertise and expand its research areas (epidemiological and disease-based studies, biomedical-sciences, clinical trials, health system management and policy, educational, social and behavioral research) in alignment with the societal needs, interests and priorities.
• Develop and periodically review research policies, procedures and guidelines to manage the university research and ensure its quality and integrity.
• Ascertain the enforcement of ethical considerations on all research activities including conflict of interest, misconduct and plagiarism, in accordance with international ethical standards.
• Identify key processes and resources that must be in place and barriers that must be removed.
• Facilitate the attractions of new external research funding and enhance partnerships and collaborations between the university and government agencies, foundations, philanthropists, corporations, industry and national/global research enterprises.
• Identify research opportunities at King Abdullah International Medical Research Center (KAIMRC) and stimulate interdisciplinary research collaborations.
• Review and approve research proposals of faculty, and monitor and report the progress and outcomes of approved research projects.
• Facilitate and promote research among new and junior faculty by providing mentoring and learning opportunities, including workshops, research day and monthly lecture series to highlight research on KSAU-HS campuses.
• Encourage and support intellectual and research interests of faculty and reward major individual research programs and interdisciplinary research initiatives.
• Coordinate research activities across the university campuses, optimize the functioning of research units of colleges and standardize metrics for monitoring and reporting their research activities.
• Submit to the President a written annual report of the work of the Board no later than October 1st of the following academic year.