In order to provide the scientific environment to discuss new scientific research in the fields of medicine and health specialties, KSAU-HS has endeavored to establish and develop a number of scientific societies specialized in the scientific fields of academic programs at the university:
• Saudi Scientific Association for Health Informatics (SAHI)
, which was established on August 4,2005. The association aims to develop scientific ideas in the field of health informatics and to develop and activate it through scientific communication of the members of the association and to develop their scientific and professional performance. It is also aims to exchange a scientific production and scientific ideas in the field of health informatics between the concerned commissions and institutions inside and outside the Kingdom and preparing the general rules of ethics and practicing the profession.
• Saudi Scientific Association for Public Health
, which was established on July 30, 2005, The society aims to develop scientific and professional ideas in the field of public health and work on its development and revitalization, and achieving scientific communication of the members of the association and provide scientific advice in the field of specialization, while seeking to develop scientific and professional performance between the society members. It is also seeks to facilitate the exchange of scientific production and scientific ideas in the field of the interests of the association between commissions and institutions and scientific associations concerned inside and outside the Kingdom, while consolidating the general controls on the ethics and practice of public health and develop the standards. The association is keen to contribute the dissemination of health awareness and education in the field of public health among workers in the health sector and society. In this regard the association seeks to be a center for employees in the field of public health and basic science and applied to exchange information and experience to benefit from public health professions in the preventive and research aspects.
• Scientific Saudi Association for Organ Transplantation, which was established on August 4, 2005. The association aims to develop theoretical and applied knowledge, provide scientific and applied consultancy and studies. It is also seeks to develop scientific thinking in the field of organ transplantation and work on its development.
• Saudi Scientific Association for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (SSBMT) ,
which was established on February 4, 2008. The association aims at developing theoretical and applied knowledge, providing scientific and applied consultations and studies, developing scientific thought in the field of stem cell transplantation and developing it, Generalization rules of ethics and practice.
• Saudi Trauma Society, which was established on 8 July 2008, aims to develop theoretical and practical knowledge and provide scientific and applied consultancy and studies. It also works on developing scientific thinking in dealing with injuries resulting from accidents and resulting fractures. It is also seeks to develop this science with new theories, achieve the scientific communication between members of the society and establishing the general rules of ethics and practice.
• Saudi Scientific Association for Quality Performance & Risk Management, which was established on May 16, 2010. The association aims to develop the concepts and methods of quality performance, to promote quality culture in both the theoretical and practical aspects of health facilities and to design and implement programs and events that contribute in achieving the objectives of the association. The association also seeks to reach the highest professional standards in the field of quality performance and health risk management, and to be a scientific reference and house of expertise in this field.